Piranha sewage pumps with shredding action provide reliable and economical discharge of effluent under pressure in private municipal and communal schemes. They offer an economical alternative to gravity sewers, and improve environmental protection for pressurized sewer systems.
The Sulzer Piranha pump is true to its name and has a unique shredding system capable of shredding items such as cloths and plastic bags. Raw sewage or wastewater is pulverised into fine solids to enable pumping through small bore pipes.
Sewage removal from living units and houses in remote settlements where:
– The laying of a conventional sewer would be too expensive
– Large ground undulations are present
– It is only possible to lay small-diameter pipe lines
– High head and low flow applications
– Efficient pumping of wastewater containing sewage and offal, as well as organic and industrial effluent.